|Uncharted: Golden Abyss|
|Developer(s)||SCE Bend Studio|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Release date||February 22, 2012|
|Genre||Action-adventure, platform, third-person shooter|
|File Size||FS Missing|
|Age rating(s)||Teen, 16|
Uncharted: Golden Abyss is the title of a entry in the Uncharted series released on the PlayStation Vita. It was developed by SCE Bend Studio, with development overseen by Naughty Dog. The game was released as a launch title in Japan on December 17, 2011. It was released in Europe and North America with the system launch on February 22, 2012. The game's events are set before the events of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
Golden Abyss plays similar to the Uncharted games on PS3. Developers Sony Bend have stated they were keen to make sure the game feels familiar to Uncharted fans, but that it will make use of the PS Vita's extra features such as the touch screen and panel, as well as the sixasis function.
The gameplay is a mix of shooting and platforming elements, including in-depth puzzles which must be solved using various clues from Drake's personal journal. A new feature is the ability to use a camera and photographs to identify certain locales. Exploration and puzzles are said to be a major focus of the game, as opposed to gunplay.
Uncover the dark secret behind the 400-year-old massacre of a Spanish expedition as Nathan Drake follows the murderous trail of an ancient and secret Spanish sect. Caught in the middle of a rivalry between Jason Dante - his old friend - and Marisa Chase - the granddaughter of an archeologist who has mysteriously vanished without a trace - Nate races into the treacherous river basins, undiscovered temple ruins and karst caverns of Central America in search of a legendary lost city, only to find himself pushed to the edge of the Golden Abyss...
The game is being developed by Sony Bend Studio, who are being overseen by Naughty Dog. A brief gameplay demo has been shown. It is known that the game will have an optional touchscreen control feature and motion sensitive controls. In a demo at E3 2011, it was shown that weapons can be picked up and reloaded by tapping the weapon icon on-screen.
Bend studio creative director John Garvin has confirmed that Naughty Dog allowed them to use their mo-cap and voice over studios. It has been confirmed the game will contain over 2 hours of cutscenes.
Nolan North revealed in an interview that he will return to play Drake, lending his voice acting talents along with motion capture work, as in the console games. He also revealed that the story was also being written by Garvin.
Naughty Dog co-president Christophe Balestra confirmed the game's stance in the franchise, as well as suggesting a greater focus on exploration rather than gunplay. Balestra also said the game will feature "interactions" with Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, though details of which are currently unknown.
- The rifle used in the demo is a Dragon Sniper.
- Other demo's have shown the M4, a machete, as well as an AK47, and a .45 Defender.
- It is possible to replay a chapter to collect any photos or items that you haven't obtained yet.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gmzXHMYBT4
- ↑ http://www.destructoid.com/preview-uncharted-golden-abyss-ngp--202327.phtml
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/ngp/action/uncharted/news.html?sid=6287036&mode=previews
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDN_WBKwcok
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/02/uncharted-golden-abyss-ngp-preview/
- ↑ http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/03/05/nathan-drake-speaks-an-interview-with-nolan-north-part-1/
- ↑ http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/NGP/Uncharted/news.asp?c=29989